I’ll run through this simple process for you real quick. Use either chicken tender strips or cut up strips of chicken breast. Beat a couple of eggs in a bowl, and dunk the strips in the egg mixture.
Then coat the strips in Italian bread crumbs and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, and you got your yummy and healthy kid friendly chicken fingers!
Dip these into your favorite dipping sauce (barbecue sauce, ranch, ketchup, etc.), and enjoy! Extra bonus: hubby pronounced them to be a repeat dinner! I paired them with some steamed broccoli and a sweet potato. So easy, yet so healthy and delicious! WINNER!
It was so fun to eat these because I got to feel like a little kid again. They were a “finger food”, which makes them easy and fun to eat. No wonder kids love finger foods so much! It started me thinking about what other activities and things I’d like to do that would make me feel like a kid again.
(Here’s me as a little tyke! Sweet shades, right?)
Here’s what I came up with:
- Play in the mud.
- Get ice cream from the neighborhood ice cream truck.
- Play on a jungle gym in a park.
- Go roller skating.
- Dunk my cookies in my milk. (Why have I not done this in so long?! It needs to happen very soon!)
- Build a sand castle on the beach. (Cody and I actually did this on our honeymoon. We’re pretty cool like that.)
- Hula Hoop.
- Eat more “kid food” such as: Pop Tarts, Cocoa Puffs, Eggo Waffles, PB&J, animal crackers, Goldfish crackers, etc.
I need to get busy on this list! It all sounds like so much fun to me. I think it’s important for everybody to be a kid again sometimes. You have to have a little “kid at heart” in ya somewhere!😉
- What sorts of “kid friendly” foods do you love?
- What activities would make you feel like a kid again?